Statistics events of interest to the Canterbury region.
About Canterbury Tails
The Canterbury Tails website is a one-stop portal for statistical activities in the Canterbury Region.
There are many statistical newsgroups in Australia and New Zealand (e.g. ANZStat). The Canterbury Tails portal has been setup to encourage interaction amongst the many statisticians working in the Canterbury region. For example, statistical seminars are being given at numerous institutes around Christchurch, Lincoln and the wider Canterbury region. To ameliorate the issues associated with needing to be on all the email lists to get seminar notifications for all these institutes (and sometimes many departments within them) if you signup on this website you will receive notifications of all the posted seminars.
Currently, the Canterbury Tails website and email list is primarily used for advertising statistics activities in the region. For example, seminars, workshops, conferences and visitors.
The local group funds from the NZSA 2007 conference were used to create a website for advertising the local statistics activities. Future developments of the site could include anything that encourages or supports the statistical community in Canterbury.
Current Portal Details:
The website contains the following:
- sortable list of upcoming seminars (including all the usual seminar details and relevant files/website links)
- history of past seminars
- area to register for email list (including setting options for how seminar notifications are emailed to you)
- area for all registered users to upload new seminars (which need to be approved by a moderator before public release)
- area for moderators to authorise the release of new seminars
- workshop/conferences/visitors can also be advertised