Born 17th of March 1982 in Bayreuth, Germany; Nationality German. Married to a New Zealand citizen, two children. Fluent in both English and German, basic knowledge of Spanish and Japanese.
Analysis: computable analysis, Bishop-style constructive mathematics, algorithmic aspects of continuity.
Foundations of mathematics and computer science: exact real number computations, algorithmic proofs, computability theory, algorithmic foundations of topology (especially aspects of compactness).
Logic: intuitionistic logic, constructive reverse mathematics, non-classical axioms, program extraction from constructive proofs.
Studies in mathematics
- Involved in the re-accredidation of the University of Siegen B.A. program for computer scientists.
- Involved in writing the successful grant proposal for the group CONSTRUMATH under the Marie Curie actions exchange scheme (FP7) of the European Union (57600 Eur awarded by the EU, Eur 28500 awarded by New Zealand).
- Member of the program committee for the Tenth International Conference on Computability and Complexity in Analysis, Nancy, France, June 2013.
- Member of the program committee for the workshop in honour of Helmut Schwichtenberg, MFCS & CSL 2010 conference in Brno, Czech Republic.
- Member of the organising committee, 7th Australia and New Zealand Mathematics Convention 2008 (Joint meeting of the Australian and New Zealand Math Societies).
- Refereeing for "Journal of Symbolic Logic", "Annals of Pure and Applied Logic", "Journal of Universal Computer Science" and "Logic Journal of the IGPL". Refereeing for the "Research Foundation - Flanders (FWO)" (The Dutch part of the Belgium National Fund for Scientific Research).
Conferences and Workshops
- Dec 2015: Conference: "2015 New Zealand Mathematical Society Colloquium", Talk: "Completeness is overrated (...sometimes)", UC, Christchurch, New Zealand
- Mar 2015: "Annual North American meeting of the Association for Symbolic Logic", Talk: "Continuity is Overrated", Champaign–Urbana, USA
- Mar 2015: Workshop: "Constructivism and Computability", Talk: "The searchability of Cantor space", Kanazawa, Japan
- Apr 2014: Correctness by Construction CORCON 2014 Workshop, Talk: "BD-N", Genoa, Italy
- Jul 2013: Invited speaker, Special Session "Logic and Analysis" at the Logic Colloquium 2013, Évora, Portugal.
- Jun 2013: Invited speaker, Workshop "Constructive Mathematics, its Practice and Applications", Niš, Serbia
- Sep 2012: Symposium "Modern Developments in Computability Theory and its Applications", in Guangzhou, PR China. Talk: "Variations on a Theme by Ishihara".
- May 2012: Conference "Continuity, Computability, Constructivity", in Trier Germany. Talk: "Variations on a Theme by Ishihara".
- Jun 2011: Workshop "Different models of computation", in Greifswald, Germany. Talk: "Computable Analysis without Computability".
- Jun 2010: 25th Summer Conference on Topology and its Applications, in Kielce, Poland. Talk (on invitation): "The Fan Theorem(s)".
- May 2010: Workshop: "Constructive Mathematics: Proofs and Computation". Frauenwörth, Germany. Talk: "Constructions and Constructive Reverse Mathematics".
- Mar 2010: Workshop on Constructive Aspects of Logic and Mathematics, in Kanazawa, Japan. Talk: "A constructive look at the Vitali Covering Theorem".
- Feb 2010: Mini-symposium "Siegener Tag der konstruktiven Analysis". Universität Siegen, Germany. Talk: "Trends in Constructive Reverse Mathematics".
- Jul 2009: Conference "Continuity, Computability, Constructivity: From Logic to Algorithms", talk: "The Fan Theorem(s)", Cologne, Germany.
- Dec 2008: 7th Australia and New Zealand Mathematics Convention. Talk: "The platypus and the mathematician"
- Dec 2007: 1st Joint Meeting of the American Mathematical Society and the New Zealand Mathematical Society, "The dark side of constructive reverse mathematics", Wellington.
- Nov 2007: New Zealand Mathematics and Statistics Postgraduate Conference 2007, talk: "The dark side of constructive reverse mathematics", Queenstown.
- Dec 2006: 2006 New Zealand Mathematics Colloquium, talk: "On the constructive content of Sarkovskii's Theorem", Hamilton.
- Jun 2006: Talk (on invitation), workshop "Trends in Constructive Mathematics","Generalising compactness", Frauenwörth, Germany.
- Apr 2015: "Completeness is overrated (...sometimes)", LMU, Munich, Germany
- Aug 2013: "The recursive part of constructive reverse mathematics", JAIST, Kanazawa, Japan
- Jul 2012: University of Greifswald, Germany. Talk: "Continuity in Constructive Mathematics"
- Jun 2012: University of Canterbury, New Zealand. Talk: "Impossible computations in analysis".
- Mar 2012: University of Cape Town, South Africa, and University of South Africa, Pretoria. Talk: "Variations on a theme by Ishihara"
- Nov 2011: University of Bonn, Germany. Talk: "Variations on a theme by Ishihara".
- Sep 2011: University of Beijing, China. Talk: "The case of compactness, constructively".
- Aug 2011: University of Cape Town, South Africa. Talk: " Constructive Reverse Mathematics".
- Aug 2011: University of South Africa, Pretoria, South Africa. Talk: "The case of compactness, constructively".
- Jan 2011: Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, USA. Talk: "The Fan Theorem(s)".
- Dec 2010: Jagiellonian University, Kraków, Poland. Talk: "Variations on a theme by Ishihara". Support through a DAAD travel grant.
- Aug 2010: University of Munich (LMU), Germany. Talk: "The dark side of constructive reverse mathematics"
- May 2010: University of Leeds, UK. Talk: "Constructions and Constructive Reverse Mathematics".
- Oct 2008: University of Canterbury, Christchurch, New Zealand. Talk "The light side of constructive reverse mathematics"
See separate page